Taste of Atlanta returns to Historic Fourth Ward Park from Oct. 19-21 with 90 of the city’s favorite restaurants, chef appearances, cooking demos, barcraft celebration and much more.
Some of the highlights for the 17th annual event will include:
- Kick-Off Party: The weekend kicks off with this special event at 6:30 p.m. on Oct. 19 with food from favorite local chefs and live music from Bumpin’ the Mango and The Cordon Blues.
- The Chef’s Table: Chats and demonstrations from local chefs including Chef Pat Pascarella from The White Bull, Chef Joe Paire from Barcelona, Chef Seven Chan of Poke Burri and many more.
- Home Plate Stage: All ages can tie on an apron, gather around the kitchen counter and get cooking as locally and nationally celebrated chefs demonstrate home-cooked favorites with local ingredients.
- Barcraft Celebration: The event will take place Oct. 20 in the VIP Experience area of the festival, where Atlanta bartenders and past winners of the Barcraft Competition will serve specialty Bulleit Bourbon cocktails. On Oct. 21, the celebration culminates at a panel discussion – “Master’s Round Table: Atlanta Cocktail Culture – Where We’ve Come From and Where We’re Going” – led by renowned cocktail connoisseur Greg Best at 1:45pm on The Home Plate Stage. Panelists Paul Calvert, Kellie Thorn, Miles MacQuarrie and previous Taste of Atlanta Barcraft Competition winners will engage in a discussion about the successes and strides that A-town drink slingers have made in the past several years, as well as look at some of the challenges and goals ahead. Panel attendees will enjoy sips of Bulleit Bourbon cocktails made by esteemed Atlanta bartenders.
- The Kitchen Workshop: Award-winning journalist Holly Firfer will host and emcee a series of hands on, free cooking classes by Atlanta’s favorite chefs.
Visitors to this year’s festival are encouraged to walk or bike to the festival on the BeltLine. For tickets and the full schedule of events, visit TasteOfAtIanta.com.