The 10th annual Shutze Awards of the Institute of Classical Architecture and Art, which saluted architects, interior and landscape designers for their dedication to preserving the classical tradition, were celebrated at one of Philip Trammell Shutze’s own buildings, the Piedmont Driving Club.
To commemorate the 10th anniversary, a special bronze Shutze Medal was commissioned by the Southeast Chapter founders. Casted by Kevin Grisso, a past Shutze Award winner himself and his artisans at Cherry Lion Studio, the medal will be awarded to all future Shutze winners.
Honored for their contributions to preserving the Classical tradition of design in specific categories were:
- Single Family Residences: James F. Carter, Inc.; C. Brandon Ingram Design; Historical Concepts; D. Stanley Dixon Architect.
- Interior Design: New Construction and Renovation: Susan Ferrier of McAlpine; Jacquelynne P. Lanham Designs, Inc.
- Renovation: William B. Litchfield Residential Designs, Inc.
- Civic Institutional: Historical Concepts; Robert A.M. Stern Architects
- Commercial Interior Design: Susan Ferrier of McAlpine
- Preservation, Artisanship and Craftsmanship: Mississippi Dept. of Archives and History and Mississippi Dept. of Marine Resources.
- Landscape Garden Design: Land Plus Associates, Ltd.